Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Iceland: Minimalist Lanscapes

I flew home last night from IcelandNoir, one of the best crime writing conferences that I have ever attended.  Everything about it was wonderful--the people, the setting, the level of discourse, and the food and drink.

My intention was to talk here more about it, but then last night, with protestors blocking up the streets of Manhattan (for good reason, I think), it took four hours to get home from the airport.  Arriving at 11:30 New York time (4:20 AM in Reykjavik!), I just couldn't do it.  Today was my annual pie baking day.  So now, the best I can offer you are some photos.

The view from the bus (on a crime writers' tour) and to and fro the airport, looked for all the world like a minimalist landscape.  Here is the evidence:

MINIMALIST LANDSCAPES--

By Toni Grote, Jake Anderson, and Brice Marden








MY PHOTOS THROUGH THE WINDOW OF THE BUS--













Annamaria Alfieri

3 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying the posts on MIE about your conference there. tjs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having you with me on both my blog houses, Thelma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, on this happy feast, we got the news of the passing of P.D. James. Those of us who cut our teeth on her literary pages will mourn the end of a goldren era in mystery writing. I'll be interested in seeing the reactions of your colleagues on the other side of the pond - the tributes have already started pouring in. TJ Straw, longtime fan of her wonderful books and TV programs. Yes, fellow CWCers, I used to be glued to the TV when her programs were on!

    ReplyDelete